Monday, August 8, 2011

Review of Batman Year One

Before I begin my review of the amazing comic book mini-series Batman Year One, I have a announcement. I am declaring a Batman Week. A week in which I review everything Batman. And I felt that the one true way to begin Batman week would be to review the story that showed his first year fighting crime in Gotham city. The story is by Frank Miller, a man that gives comics a dark and certain edgy quality that makes them all the more entertaining. And the book is illustrated by none other than David Mazzucchelli. I feel that his work is both simplistic and detailed. I just plain love his art style. I would recommend this book to fans of Batman Begins, to fans of Frank Miller, and to fans of David Mazzucchelli. Tomorrow: A review of Batman Chronicles vol. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment